Terms and Conditions
By making a booking, you agree that you have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them
- Bookings and payments:
- The dates of your booking will be held upon receipt of a 50% non-refundable deposit or payment in full. We will provide you with a summary of the deposit and the remaining balance to be paid one week before arrival. Any booking less than 1 week in advance of your check-in date must be paid in full immediately and is non-refundable.
- When you submit a booking via our website you will receive an automated booking summary by email to the email address you provide when booking. This does not mean you are confirmed. A confirmed booking will occur once we have written you via email with confirmation.
- Payment can be done in one of three ways
- BDO deposit
Name on account: Mark Anthony Villaflor
Account number: 006280055581
Swift code/routing code- BNORPHMM (**for international transfers/wire)
- BPI deposit
Account name: Mark-Anthony Villaflor
Account number: 3499-0044-77.
- PayPal send payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please add 5% for transaction fees
- For booking, we require confirmation of airline tickets to El Nido or to Puerto Princesa.
- A damage deposit of 2000 php is required per tent per stay. This can be paid when booking or upon arrival at The Birdhouse in cash or mobile banking. The deposit will be returned after check-out and inspection of the tent.
- Any cancelation or amendments must be sent to us by email (email@example.com) and will be considered and responded to within 2 working days.
- Cancelation by you will result in your deposit being forfeited as all deposits are non-refundable.
- Cancelation made by hotel management or owners will result in a full refund. We will inform you as soon as possible if we need to make any significant changes to your confirmed bookings or cancel them.
- Cancelation based on flights cancelations due to bad weather will be considered for full refunds.
- Arrival and departure times
Check-in time is 2pm onwards. We strongly recommend you plan your trip so you arrive during daylight (before 6pm). The walk over is an adventure itself.
From the road where you will get dropped off (Las Cabanas waiting shed), it is about a 10 minute walk (mostly on a beach). We will have staff help with luggage but suggest you pack minimally or bring backpacks rather than suitcases. Once on the property it is about 150 steps up to the main house and common area.
Our check-out time is 12 noon. If you are catching a van on the road to go back to Puerto Princesa be prepared to leave 20 minutes before your van pick-up. We will have staff assist you with your luggage.
We reserve the right to amend advertised prices at any time. We also reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. At the time of booking you will be informed of prices applicable. The price stated on the booking confirmation is binding.
- Animals on the property
Given the location of the property and the style of accommodation we try to provide a natural environment. There are animal residents on the property such as squirrels, birds, and monkeys just to name a few. There are also many insects and other creepy crawlies. We ask that you keep NO FOOD IN THE TENTS.
In the common area we have two pets- Catman our housecat and Robin our lovely dog. They are friendly and will approach you. If this is an issue for you, we suggest you book elsewhere as they are permanent residents in the main house.
- Risks of glamping
You are staying on a steep property surrounded by wildlife. We ask you to exercise great caution when walking up and down the stairs. While we do our best keeping you safe, accidents can happen and we are not held responsible for such accidents. It is your responsibility to supervise your children. If you notice any area that looks faulty and/or unsafe please notify as soon as possible. We do regular maintenance and are always putting in improvements.
- Special requests
If you have any special requests (for example dietary requirements or tent location), please let us know at the time of booking. We will do everything we can do meet your requests but unfortunately, we cannot always guarantee they will be met. If we cannot meet your requirements we will contact you to discuss alternative options.
- Group bookings
We welcome groups of up to 12 guests to occupy the 3 tents we have currently set up.
- Maximum numbers
Please note that except by prior arrangement confirmed in writing (via email), only the number of persons specified on a booking confirmation may occupy a property. Our maximum occupancy per tent is 4 guests. Your comfort is one of our highest priorities and limiting the number of guests per tent is one way we do this.
- Your responsibilities and conduct
Please note that by staying at The Birdhouse El Nido you are under contract with us. As such you are under a responsibility to behave in a proper, appropriate and legal manner while staying at the property with due respect to the Owner, the Property, other guests and their property.
You are responsible for informing us of any losses or damage to the property as soon as possible. Please note that you will be liable to pay us for any losses or damage to the property caused by you or a member of your part (except reasonable wear and tear). You must also leave the property by the check-out time specified on your booking.
If any guest behaves inappropriately or improperly, or illegally, we reserve the right to ask the guest and their party to leave the Property before the end of their booking period. Any refund for doing so will be entirely at our discretion.
Smoking is not allowed inside the tent.
Alcohol may be consumed in moderation but drunken or rowdy behavior is not acceptable. Given the nature of our accommodation and the steepness of the stairs we will try to limit the alcohol we serve.
Children must be supervised at all the time.
We operate on a quiet policy between 10pm and 9am and request that noise levels be kept to a minimum between these hours. This is for your comfort as well as the comfort of our guests.
We strive to make your stay as memorable and comfortable as possible. However, should any part of your stay not be to your satisfaction please address these concerns with us as soon as possible so that we can address them immediately. We will always do our best to remedy any issues.
The Birdhouse El Nido accepts no liability for theft, loss or damage, of whatever nature, during or as a result of your stay at The Birdhouse El Nido. We provide locks for each tent and can store valuables in the main house.
By making a booking, you confirm you acknowledge these Terms and Conditions and that you are aware of the risks, hazards, and dangers of personal injury of glamping, and entering onto the property and into the surrounding woods.